After losing weight where do you go from there?
It’s a hard decision to make once you have reached your goal. You are in limbo not wanting to go back but knowing how to move forward and motivate yourself from now on. The scales are no longer needed and you feel great so how do you move forward?
In order to maintain your physique you need to carry on eating healthy and exercising.
You can now focus on more than just weight loss. How about an event?
Events can be anything from the list below and more
1. Running event like a 10km or half marathon
2. A tough mudder or he’ll runner with obstacles as well as running focusing more on just your running skills
3. A running group to join and make friends
4. Playing a sport with friends and getting better at a certain skill
5. A physique contest
6. Trying a new class like cross fit or insanity
7. Walking up snowdon or something similar
8. Trying a mini triathlon
9. Taking up dance classes
10. Getting a dog that requires a lot of exercise to keep you active
You can also then focus on your fitness levels in the gym, and really start to push yourself. Now that you have lost the weight you can change your programme a little to focus on further areas. This can be weights or endurance. It’s great to see your progress especially when lifting weights. You can work on increasing your strength and therefore the definition in your muscles especially now your weight is down. You can try Pilates to work on your core and balance. These are goals that have had to take a back seat whilst you focused on your weight loss.
Is there a certain area you would now like to focus on? How about strengthening your whole body after having a child ? Getting a stronger bottom and making it more rounded than saggy? All these can become a new goal and keep you motivated after reaching your weight loss goal.
Keep motivated keep focused and keep training.
If you need any help or guidance on your new goal Contact me