I read my new year goals from 2017 the other day and enjoyed reading them and it made me think about this years plans.
So what do I want to achieve this year?
- Do a park run. Yep that’s right Iv got the same goal as some of you. Surprised?! For those of you who know me and my love of running, you might be shocked to know Iv never done a park run. Iv signed up but not done one. Reasons being – saturday is my rest day, I know I can run 5km but it’s not my race choice, and I like my Saturday morning lie in. But il do one, just to see.
- To do another half marathon. I didn’t hate the last one as much and think I need another crack now Iv improved my race training plan.
- To do tatton 10k again this year and a few more. 10k is a lovely distance for me. And why not do something you love.
- To do my performance enhancement specialist course by easter. Iv started it this week.
- Relax more. If I’m late I get stressed, if I’m rushing I get stressed, if I feel overwhelmed with work or my time, I get anxious, but it’s my own fault. If I relax and smile more and calm myself the day will be better. I’m late / overworking anyway so may aswell smile about it and make it a good day.
- To see my family more. Iv been living in Northwich now for 6 years and although this is now home, I do miss my family still. I get wrapped up in work and home life and need to remember it’s only 3-4hour drive I can pop down more often than I have been and need to make the effort. I also need to stop and realise Im the one who moved and not get upset when we don’t have visitors as often.
So those are my goals for now. Some fitness ones, family one and personal one.
Setting goals can be the easier part, breaking them down into more manageable chunks can be harder. Start with short term goals and then once accomplished move onto medium term and then eventually long term.
E.g. For me the short term goal will be to complete a unit a week of my course. There are 16 or so altogether and a final exam. The medium goal will be to complete half of the course in 8 weeks or so. So that will hit my long term goal of completing it by easter.
Set goals, break them down, make sure the goals are realistic.
Winning in 2020.