Liannes 50 top tips
1. Don’t skip meals, hunger may lead to wrong food choices.
2. Move! Walk to work and move more will increase calories burnt in a day
3. Think about your posture. Stand tall, tummy in and protect your back
4. Try a pilates class
5. Hire a PT
6. Try to eat lean meats over fatter ones. Chicken, turkey and fish are great sources of protein.
7. Count your calories
8. Know your daily calorie need
9. Eat carbs – the starchy ones
10. Reduce sugar intake
11. Don’t drink coffee after 2-3pm or 8 hours before bed. It might not affect you getting to sleep but scientists have proven if affects sleep quality.
12. If wanting to exercise do something you enjoy. Your stick to it if you enjoy it.
13. Be kind to yourself
14. Don’t let the scales dictate your mood.
15. Remember muscle weighs heavier than fat
16. Ignore BMI – a muscular lean male can be classed as obese on it. If you are overweight you will know.
17. Go off clothes and measurements
18. Have short term goals 1-8weeks
19. Have medium term goals 8weeks to 6months
20. Have long term goals 6-12months
21. Don’t compare yourself. We are all unique
22. Progress yourself. Physically and mentally.
23. Smile more
24. Learn to like sweating when working out
25. Always bring a towel to the gym
26. Drink water 2litres a day if you can
27. Put weights back where they belong in the gym, no one wants to be picking up after you
28. Ask for salads with no dressing. Often the dressings can make the salad as many calories as a burger
29. Give yourself non food rewards when you reach goals
30. Don’t use food as a reward
31. Eat veggies/salad or fruit with every meal if you can to increase antioxidant intake
32. Get a decent set of trainers for the gym
33. If running get running shoes don’t just go out in your 4 year old trainers
34. Change your running trainers every 300-500miles don’t let them disintegrate on you. The padding and the support go before noticeable changes in the trainers. Then it maybe too late to stop injury
35. Sometimes just go for a walk or run and don’t think about time and pace etc. Go and be at one with the world
36. Take time for you to relax, we are all too busy, take 5 and relax.
37. Don’t drink Lucozade/red bull etc for a gym session or (even worse) just for a drink. Water is fine for 60mins workout.
38. Don’t walk into a class late and not look at the instructor, ask before you interrupt if it’s OK to participate
39. If new to a class let the instructor know
40. If have injuries or any medical conditions always let the PT or instructor know before the session
41. Don’t be afraid to ask for help
42. Don’t wear leggings cotton leggings in the gym, yes they are see through, and we can all see you knickers.
43. Invest in a good sports bra or 2 if starting running or need that support in classes.
44. Don’t exercise if you have a chesty cough or chest infection.
45. You can exercise with a cold, you might want to stick to weights.
46. Wipe down the equipment used after use.
47. Do exercise if you get period pains it may help ease them and makes you feel better.
48. Cut out CRAP (Carbonated drinks, refined, artifical colours/flavours, processed food)
49. Ignire the ‘fat burn’ button on fitness machines if wanting to get fitter and lose weight. This should be relabelled ‘low intensity’ and you should be aiming for a medium intensity. Please see my post on this for further info.
50. Live life as happy healthy and confident as you can. We only get one life prolong it and enjoy it.