Homemade teriyaki chicken
Use teriyaki sauce on vegetables and fry over hot heat in very little oil or spray light. Fry 2-4minutes not over cooking them,
Homemade chicken tikka
chicken breast 500g sliced into fillets
tikka paste 1/4 jar
Low fat greek yoghurt
naan or pitta
salad to serve
Carrots 200g cut into batons (optional)
Mix the tikka paste with the yoghurt and add the chicken fillets.
Marinate the chicken fillets for 30mins or overnight.
Using a wooden skewer place a halved onion at the bottom and place the chicken on top layering. Add a halved lemon at the top.
Place the veg that’s cut up at the bottom of the tray mixing in any left over marinade.
Place the carrot batons on a separate baking tray and spray with light oil and season with salt and pepper.
Place in a preheated oven for 1hour at 180 degree fan oven or 200 for non fan. Carrots need 40-45mins.
Make a dip using the natural yoghurt a few mint leaves and cucumber and mix together with a squeeze of lemon. Set aside.
When the chicken is done bring it out of the oven and carve the meat onto a plate.
Serve with the dip, naan or pitta and salad.
Butternut squash, spinach, butter bean and sweet potato stew
Butternut squash halved de seeded and cut into squares
One can of butter beans
Two cans of chopped tomatoes
One Sweet potato
1tbsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tbsp paprika
1/2 tbsp ground cumin
Salt and pepper
Stock cube 100ml of water
- Heat the oven and put the butternut squash into roast for 40mins on 180-200 fan assisted.
- Stir fry the onion and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add the spices and stir fry for a minute
- Add the peppers, mushrooms, carrots and sweet potato. Any beg eta ke you prefer you don’t have to use those. Stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and rinse with water to get the dredges of tomato juice.
- Add stock and stir.
- Leave to simmer and keep stirring for 20mins till sweet potato and carrot is tender.
- Add salt and pepper to your taste and serve with crusty bread or roasted butternut squash